Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ahhh...glorious Tuesday

It's Tuesday, and I'm feeling busier than when I had a job right? I'm doing lots of fun things - buying strawberries, visiting thrift shops, eating on an hourly basis, going to the DMV without the proper paperwork and did I mention the eating thing? There's nothing like consuming mass quantities of whatever is in the 'fridge to pass the time. Food is great. Me likey.

I am a bit excited today (besides it being Taco Tuesday at Compadres!) because I've got an interview with a very cool winery. They make fantastic wines and seem to be pretty recession proof at the moment (yes yes, we are in a recession. I listen to NPR, so I know everything). So, send me your good vibes and a tax deductable donation when you have time.

Ok, back to food. We're growing vegetables in our tiny backyard. We are not good at this. We didn't label the items we planted, and can now not tell what is a weed, and what is actually going to be edible. We did get some turnips recently - we could tell because they started to come out of the ground. Is this normal? Perhaps I'll visit the god known as google after I finish blogging to find out. It will be interesting to see what pops up. I know I planted lots of cool stuff, and hopefully I will be able to eat some of these damn things. I am considering going to the fresh veggie section of my local Safeway, purchasing some items and them shoving them in the ground of my garden only to remove them in front of some friends of mine. It would be fun to say, "Look what I can do!" Ah, I am a juvenile at times....

No comments:

Post a Comment